Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Gävle on a Sunday afternoon

Last Sunday, Fredrik Sydstrand phoned me up and asked if I was keen on going out. As I have been injured all winter and just started climbing again, I've been sticking to climbing indoors. I feel that the risk of tearing my finger is smaller on plastic than on rock. At first I explained this to "Sydde" and headed for the gym. But as I stepped trough the door at Klättercentret, from the bright beautiful day it was, I realized that I could not miss out on a day like that. I turned around before I even got past the reception and as I did, I phoned Fredrik up. An hour later we where heading north, to Oppala in the city of Gävle. One of countless areas in connection to Stocholm that I have not yet visited (although the two hour drive makes it a bit to far to call it a Stockholm crag).

Gävle on a Sunday afternoon

I was a bit worried that I would regret my decision, but fortunetely things turned out the other way around. Climbing on excellent rock in perfect conditions made me even more keen on training then I was before. I was reminded of why I'm spending many hours ever week rehabilitating, climbing circuits, doing core exercises and stretching. Hopefully if I keep it up, I will heal my wounds and maybe get in decent shape in time for the autumn!

Gävle on a Sunday afternoon
Sydde was off course strong as allways. In the picture he is climbing Flygande kniven 7C.


/DO

No comments: